Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Light Wind, first sail

No, not my first sail. Mark's.

I moderate at the Anything-Sailing.com forum and a couple weeks ago I met a new aspiring sailor over there that had just purchased an 1969 Coronado 25 footer. I went with him to look at it on it's anchorage and decided on the spot to bring it back to my dock instead of leaving it anchored where it was.
I put him in the slip to the side, and life is good.
Seriously, I figure if you have it, share it. Cost me nothing but time - and since that was and will be time on the water that's not time lost at all.

To make a long story shorter, this past weekend was clean up and inventory time - and yesterday we had about 5kts of wind - a perfect day for a first ever sail. So we did.

Both the jib and the main sail are pretty much ready for the scrap heap, but what the heck - the boat moved under wind power only and that counts as sailing. Three hours of short tacking and a little drifting made a wonderful first sail experience for Mark and served as a nice breakdown cruise for the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment